Mathematical Modeling Contests
Teams from around the world solve real-life problems using the techniques of mathematical modeling.
Mathematical Modeling Contests:
- MCM: Mathematical Contest in Modeling
- Mathematical Contest in Modeling (MCM), an international contest for high school students and college undergraduates. It challenges teams of students to clarify, analyze, and propose solutions to open-ended problems. The contest attracts diverse students and faculty advisors from over 900 institutions around the world.
- ICM: Interdiscinplinary Contest in Modeling
- The Interdisciplinary Contest in Modeling (ICM), is an extension of the Mathematical Contest in Modeling (MCM). It is designed to develop and advance interdisciplinary problem-solving skills as well as competence in written communication.
- HiMCM: High School Mathematical Contest in Modeling
- High School Mathematical Contest in Modeling (HiMCM) offers students students the opportunity to compete in a team setting using mathematics to present solutions to real-world modeling problems.
- IM2C: The International Mathematical Modeling Challenge
- The International Mathematical Modeling Challenge (IM2C) is a true team competition, held over a number of days with students able to use any inanimate resources. Real problems require a mix of different kinds of mathematics for their analysis and solution and real problems take time and teamwork. The IM2C provides students with a deeper experience both of how mathematics can explain our world and what working with mathematics looks like.